Our library is doing so much to help during this crisis. The following is only a part of everything they are offering:
- a plan for curbside pickup (details will be on website, Facebook, and the Sawyer County Record
- free wi-fi available 24/7 in the library parking lot – no password is necessary
- temporary library cards during the crisis
- Libby or Overdrive to check out e-books and audiobooks – go to www.weisscommunitylibrary.com and select Wisconsin Digital Library
- live broadcasts of the Lego Club on Facebook every Tuesday at 6pm
- extending the Read A Latte adult reading program to June 1
- access to Ancestry.com through the library website through April, maybe longer
- free access to Gale classes (I have taken Intro to Lightroom Classic and Intro to WordPress already)
- access to Google Books
- links to financial resources and unemployment information for getting through the COVID-19 crisis
- for those without internet access, there is the Free Little Library and Pantry in front of the library.
There is so much more they are doing – here is the link to the full Sawyer County Record article: https://www.apg-wi.com/sawyer_
Please share this information with your family and friends and encourage them to support the library. HLF will be donating $12,000 this year to support the library. We can do this because of your donations to HLF to build an endowment to provide permanent annual funding for the library.